Sports gambling could generate an estimated $96 million in revenue for the state. The group of legislators is calling on Texas to join the global fight for democracy through leveraging the world’s ninth-largest economy to support Ukraine in the wake of the unprovoked invasion by Russia. Harris County has released the county’s unofficial election results from the March 1 primary following a pause in the ballot counting on Wednesday evening when a lawsuit was filed. It’s past time we acknowledged that megadroughts caused by climate change are the new norm. One union representative said the city’s policy “is bananas and lacks any foundation in reality.” WTHR would like to send you push notifications about the latest news and weather.
- Noodles are a staple of Chinese cooking and are served at birthday dinners because they represent long life.
- Stanford economist Guido W. Imbens was awarded the Nobel Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences today for his work in econometrics and statistics.
- Since the start of the year, a raft of Minnesota group homes serving nearly 60 people have closed.
- Cannabis legalization advocates, who want states to do more to protect workers, note that workplace drug tests don’t measure whether someone is high at the time of the test, just whether they’ve used recently.
- Apple News+ costs just $9.99 per month after free trial.
- Aher Uguak’s basketball path took him from Canada to New Mexico to Chicago.
In the months and weeks leading up to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, security experts warned that a parallel battle in cyberspace could bring… Get the latest local weather news from the Houston Chronicle and ABC13 Houston. news and record A new study demonstrates – for the first time – how to versatilely program atoms to share information regardless of their spatial location, opening paths forward in fundamental physics and advanced computing.
- Before #MeToo, before school board meltdowns, most big movements start small.
- The current push to challenge books — because they center the experiences of LGBTQ folks, or talk honestly about racism, or help young people…
- Apple News+ delivers an incredibly diverse collection of the world’s best publications.
- Volodymyr Zelensky, Ukraine’s president, released a video in which he reiterated the country’s commitment to resisting the occupying force.
- You can also listen to Apple News+ audio stories and Apple News Today offline.
Hear professionally narrated versions of the week’s most thought‑provoking articles with Apple News+ audio stories. Take in a 4000‑word long‑form feature in around 20 minutes. Scientists have reported a large pile of space junk weighing three tons will crash into the moon on Friday, March 4, creating a crater that news about russia and ukraine can fit multiple semi-tractor trailers inside. St. Louis alderman, Joe Vaccaro said Wednesday that he turned down an offer from the city’s police chief to void a ticket issued against him. A plan backed by Missouri’s professional sports teams to legalize betting on games advanced to the full House Wednesday.
The Russian invasion of Ukraine has created turmoil in farm commodity markets and left farmers, grain traders and agricultural economists trying to predict the effects on the international food system. A change in public opinion in steadfastly neutral Finland and Sweden has taken place since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. The bill would open up federal health care benefits to millions of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans exposed to toxic substances during their service. news4jax Seattle homicide detectives are investigating after a man was found dead on the 1800 block of East Olive Way in Capitol Hill early Thursday morning. Homicide detectives are investigating after a young man was killed in a shooting in downtown Seattle Wednesday night. An unknown number of ballots in Harris County were not read properly by the county’s new voting machines because of human error, the elections administration office said, resulting in a slower…
The president, rejecting calls from some to ‘defund the police,’ instead called for more resources for law enforcement during his State of the Union speech. The councilwoman’s push for funding for the promised rec facility has caused the County Council to delay by months final action on the convention center bonds. As Jackie celebrates her 60th birthday on Thursday, many believe to this day that she’s the greatest female athlete of all-time — or, if anything, she’s in the conversation. Putin, Macron speak for 90 minutes; Ukraine, Russia begin 2nd round of talks. You may be surprised to learn Texas has a multi-billion dollar wine business. Texas Monthly reported on the industry, which claims it has suffered a devastating loss because of an herbicide used in growing cotton.
- One of the big stories of the day was the Texas Senate voting to make Texas A&M a co-educational university.
- An Apple News+ subscription unlocks even more premium articles and issues from the world’s best newspapers and magazines.
- Housing reporter Rebecca Schuetz and real estate reporter Marissa Luck discuss on this episode of LoopedIn.
- A new study demonstrates – for the first time – how to versatilely program atoms to share information regardless of their spatial location, opening paths forward in fundamental physics and advanced computing.
Restaurants use special wok burners to achieve high heat, which is difficult to duplicate at home. Illinois State Police were called to investigate a fatal officer-involved shooting Tuesday night in Collinsville. See what police officers, teachers, elected officials and other government workers make. Our database includes salary information for the states of Missouri and Illinois, their respective university systems and St. Louis-area municipalities. The upcoming spending plan marks the first full year the state will operate under an expanded Medicaid program.
Get all the latest news from local publications in a growing number of cities — with beats on politics, sports, dining, culture, and more. Apple News editors select the most important, compelling articles and surface them in Top Stories, Spotlight, and other news and observer collections. These must-reads include everything from the latest headlines to in-depth coverage of the biggest stories of the year. An Apple News+ subscription unlocks even more premium articles and issues from the world’s best newspapers and magazines.
Russian forces seized the Black Sea port of Kherson in an effort to cut Ukraine off from its coastline. Cannabis legalization advocates, who want states to do more to protect workers, note that workplace drug tests don’t measure whether someone is high at the time of the test, just whether they’ve used recently. The president’s State of the Union address included a pointed attack on defund-the-police advocates. One of my favorite Chinese dishes is lo mein, which means mixed noodles. Noodles are a staple of Chinese cooking and are served at birthday dinners because they represent long life. The dish has a smoky flavor produced by stir-frying in a very hot wok.
Update to the latest version of iOS or macOS to start your Apple News+ free trial. You can share your Apple News+ subscription with up to five other family members. Apple News+ costs just $9.99 per month after free trial. Apple News+ is also included in the Apple One Premier Plan, which bundles five other Apple services into a single monthly subscription for $29.95 per month. As you read, Apple News gets a better read on your interests, and suggests relevant stories that you can easily find throughout the app.
Putin proves why West should value democracy and human rights when negotiating globalization, writes business columnist Chris Tomlinson. Kroger has pulled Russian-produced vodka from its store shelves in support of Ukraine, a company spokesperson said Tuesday. More than 200 COVID-19 patients have received a lung transplant in the United States, including 16 at Houston Methodist — the most in Texas and third most in the country.