The Penn State product was also one of the few tight ends in college football who was the featured receiver in his offense. Instead of reaching for a running back on Days 1 or 2, the Jets addressed the position in the proper way by waiting until Day 3 to take Michael Carter here at Pick 107. He’s an incredibly small player, but his cuts, balance and overall athleticism helped him put up monster numbers. Since 2018, Carter ranks second to only former teammate Javonte Williams among FBS running backs in percentage of runs picking up a 10-plus yard gain (21%).
- Rookie quarterbacks don’t often make for must-start Fantasy players, and Lawrence shouldn’t be the only QB you draft.
- Ehlinger is a four-year starter who did a good job at limiting turnovers in college.
- For someone like Davis, a second-year breakout would mean seeing the field and playing at a solid level.
- Do they select the second-best quarterback in the class or stick with Sam Darnold?
- Powell bided his time behind very talented receivers at Clemson but proved he has the ability to play as a No. 3 wideout the next level.
The Falcons take the best non-quarterback in the draft with their selection of Florida tight end Kyle Pitts. He is going to be faster than any linebacker or safety and bigger than any cornerback. He enters the NFL as already one of the biggest matchup nightmares for a defense. His 96.1 receiving grade, 0% drop rate and above-average run-blocking grade in super bowl 2020 make him one of the best all-around pass-catchers we’ve seen in a while. Tay Gowan was a top-10 cornerback prospect and a top-75 player overall on PFF’s big board coming into the 2021 NFL Draft. You won’t often find cornerbacks who have a chance to develop into quality starting options at this stage of the draft, but Gowan does have that chance.
The game is one of the semifinals in the College Football Playoff. For someone like Davis, a second-year breakout would mean seeing the field and playing at a solid level. For Darrisaw, it would mean taking his game to another level and becoming a borderline Pro Bowl-caliber ufc fight night LT. PFF recently tabbed him as one of their top ten second-year breakout candidates across the NFL. With a new coaching staff that includes head coach Kevin O’Connell, offensive coordinator Wes Phillips, and offensive line coach Chris Kuper, maybe it will be.
- Werner possesses a throwback linebacker’s skill set, with a 240-plus-pound frame that can come downhill and lay the wood on whoever he hits.
- Hainsey brings versatility and toughness to a Tampa line in need of depth.
- The Chiefs offer a good environment to continue to develop and provide depth behind veteran starters.
- He just doesn’t look like an NFL athlete based on his pro-day testing, namely a 7.82-second three-cone time that ranks in the third percentile at the position.
- “Any time you can add a pressure player to your team on the defensive side, (that’s a good thing),” Baalke said.
The Chiefs offense has disappointed in 2021, but they appear to have found a couple offensive line stalwarts. Taken with the 63rd overall pick out of Oklahoma, Humphrey has been the No. 1 overall rated center during his rookie season, per Pro Football Focus. Of course, the Cowboys are ecstatic about Micah Parsons in real life. But he’s gone in our mock, and Humphrey would help them to once again thursday night football have one of the NFL’s elite offensive lines. Jones wasn’t a prospect that was going to blow you away on his pro day, but he’s done an excellent job in his rookie season with the New England Patriots. With 16 touchdowns to eight interceptions — and a quiet confidence that an unstable organization could use from its leader — Jones would be as good of a fit as any quarterback for the Jets.
Most data provided by 24-7 Baseball, creators of the ESPN Pro Football Encyclopedia. We have tools and resources nba scores that can help you use sports data. FrivolitiesPlayer Linker Tool, Birthdays, Uniform Numbers …
And the Jacksonville Jaguars, owners of the No. 1 overall pick in April’s NFL draft, plan to exhaust all their options before making a decision. Make sure to bookmark this site and check back daily for the latest Vikings news and analysis all offseason long. Also,follow me on Twitterand feel free to ask me any questions on there. If Xavier Woods isn’t brought back in free agency this year and the Vikings scores and odds don’t go out and add a proven starting safety, Bynum could be in line to start opposite Smith in his second season. That opportunity — plus the skill set we saw in his first taste of NFL action — lands him on this list. “I wanted to help contribute and I didn’t have the opportunity to do so, which is why I’m making sure that doesn’t happen again,” Davis told Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press.
The Giants’ secondary was already in a good spot entering the 2021 NFL Draft. By adding Robinson, potentially to man the slot, New York only improves its outlook. He has the size and press experience to potentially play outside. He also picked up 80.0-plus run-defense grades in each of the past two seasons at UCF. Ojulari could have easily been drafted in the first round, making this selection one of the better values so far in Round 2.