A bruising presidential campaign and a historic pandemic brought in a record number of viewers for CNN, Fox News and MSNBC. Surveys of consumers showed that TV news was the second leading reason for keeping a pay-TV subscription, right behind live sports. Last Tuesday, election fraud was the subject of a “Donlon Report” segment. The guest news and record was Jenna Ellis, a lawyer who made regular appearances on behalf of Mr. Trump to trumpet his debunked claims of a rigged vote. “President Trump is absolutely correct that the election results are in doubt,” she said on the show. Ms. Ellis continued in that vein, with the host interrupting her or disputing her claims only occasionally.
- March 1, 2022 • To attend Tuesday evening’s speech, guests — even those who are fully vaccinated — are required to produce a negative test.
- Nexstar’s newest star Ashleigh Banfield’s debut show which featured Aaron Sorkin drew just 17,000 total viewers.
- 9 newscasts, while Hughes was most recently an anchor in Seattle.
- To lead the newsroom, Mr. Compton hired Jennifer Lyons and Sandy Pudar, two well-regarded veterans of the Chicago station WGN-TV.
- The anchor desk at WGN America’s “News Nation” studio is seen Aug. 21, 2020.
She picked up stakes once again in May, moving to Chicago after she landed the co-anchor gig. Job one for Lyons was to recruit the news talent while the country was locked down at the onset of the pandemic. Some 1,100 people applied and the vetting for the small screen was mostly done over a computer screen. Derided initially, CNN gained traction as cable’s penetration grew, making its mark with round-the-clock coverage of the Gulf War in the early ’90s.
Asked about Mr. Shine, Mr. Compton said he was “just a consultant” and urged the staff to keep an open mind about him. An early warning sign for many people at the show came Sept. 22, when it broadcast a one-on-one interview with President news today Trump, an interview conducted just outside the White House by a “NewsNation” anchor, Joe Donlon. Mr. Compton had helped arrange the interview, as “NewsNation” noted on its website, and he accompanied the anchor to the White House.
- It features giant movable video screens, a three-person anchor desk and an image of the Chicago skyline as a backdrop — a constant reminder that this cable news network emanates from the heartland, Compton said.
- Advertisers are also willing to pay more to run commercials on live original programs than sitcoms and drama repeats, the company has said.
- Republican Gov. Greg Abbott will face Democrat Beto O’Rourke after voters in Texas opened what could be a lengthy, bruising primary season poised to reshape political power from state capitals to Washington.
- March 2, 2022 • Mental health advocates applaud the proposals, which they say offer much-needed federal leadership on a growing national crisis.
- More recently it has returned to its rerun roots, but that changes Tuesday night when WGN America shifts to a prime-time news network, putting it in direct competition with another cable pioneer.
America’s Protestant churches are gathering in person at a rate far greater than the beginning of 2021, a new survey from Lifeway Research reports. All of Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s Cabinet nominees secured final legislative approval Wednesday except for Andrew Wheeler, the former U.S. Environmental Protection Agency administrator whose appointment has so far been blocked by Democrats. A Texas family is suing to block Gov. Greg Abbott’s directive news russia for the state to probe parents of transgender kids receiving transition care for alleged child abuse. February 28, 2022 • The Estée Lauder Companies said John Demsey was informed he must “leave the company, effective this week.” The senior executive was with the company for 31 years. March 1, 2022 • The bands may be smaller this year, but students say they’re prepared to keep the culture alive and entertain hundreds of thousands of revelers.
Going live amid a health crisis, civil unrest and a polarizing presidential election means the pressure is on “News Nation” to hit the ground running. The next day, FTV Live, a cable industry website, broke the news of Mr. Shine’s involvement in “NewsNation,” further inflaming the staff, according to six people at the show. Mr. Compton, 47, had his first success in radio, having spent 18 years as a high-level executive at Clear Channel Radio and Premiere Radio Networks. In that job, he helped transform Sean Hannity from an Atlanta radio personality into a national star.
PoliticsNewsNation aired the full delivery and streamed it live online, followed by the GOP response by Gov. Kim Reynolds (R-Iowa) and U.S. Rep. Rashida Tlaib’s progressive response on behalf of left-wing news 12 group Working Families Party. Your MoneyWall Street took another sharp swing Wednesday, this time back to rally mode, as stocks and Treasury yields rose even as oil prices continued to climb.
- Surveys of consumers showed that TV news was the second leading reason for keeping a pay-TV subscription, right behind live sports.
- In 2004, Mr. Compton signed Donald J. Trump to a deal that gave him a commentator role on radio shows across the country.
- One prominent TV news agent said his clients passed on pursuing jobs at NewsNation after Shine’s involvement became widely known.
- WGN America started as a TV superstation in 1978 by uploading WGN-Ch.
- To mark the shift, WGN America changed its named to NewsNation on March 1.
The creation of “NewsNation” was just phase one in a larger Nexstar plan to transform WGN America into an all-news channel. To mark the shift, WGN America changed its named to NewsNation on March 1. Calling it “COVID theater,” Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis scolded a group of students wearing face masks during a press conference.
Republican lawmakers sounded the alarm on Wednesday over the White House attempts to strong-arm state and local governments into spending infrastructure money on progressive pet initiatives. About 3,800 troops based at Fort Stewart in southeast Georgia have been ordered to deploy quickly and bolster U.S. forces in Europe after Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. Capitol riots says it has evidence that former President Donald Trump and his campaign team committed crimes in their efforts to overturn the presidential election results. March 2, 2022 • Almost a year after the American Rescue Plan Act allocated up to $25 billion to home and community-based services run by Medicaid, many states have yet to access the funds due to delays and red tape. Likewise, while “NewsNation,” WGN America and WGN are all owned by Nexstar, which also operates local stations in numerous markets across the U.S., local Nexstar owned stations will not air “NewsNation” on their feeds.