Hekker’s punt was returned to the Cincinnati 30-yard-line, where the Bengals started their next series. After a touchback, the Rams got the ball on their own 25-yard-line; they ran one play, an Akers rush for a loss of one yard, before the first quarter ended. After the Rams lost 2018’s Super formula 1 Bowl LIII, quarterback Jared Goff suffered a decline in production, which led to tension between Goff and McVay. Ahead of the 2021 season, the Rams traded Goff, two first-round picks and a third-round pick to the Detroit Lions in exchange for 12-year veteran quarterback Matthew Stafford.
- This was their fifth Super Bowl appearance, third as a Los Angeles-based team, and second under McVay.
- Much like last season, the threat of a coronavirus outbreak still looms large.
- The Los Angeles Rams finished the 2021 season with a 12–5 record under fifth-year head coach Sean McVay.
If he decides to play in 2022, he’s hinted that he may prefer to leave the Packers rather than endure a rebuild. Meanwhile, the Broncos hired his former offensive coordinator, Nathaniel Hackett, as their new head coach nfl playoffs this offseason. The top Super Bowl LVII contenders are only a few moves away from closing the gap on the Rams. Here, we’ve laid out seven trades that teams could make to prevent the Rams from repeating next season.
The short drive proved unsuccessful and they punted with 42 seconds remaining. The Rams responded with a drive that was even shorter, as they went three-and-out in 26 seconds and punted back to Cincinnati; Burrow then took a knee to end the half. The Bengals won the coin toss and deferred to the second half; the Rams received the ball at the kickoff. Cincinnati’s Trey super bowl Hendrickson sacked Matthew Stafford, leading to a punt by Los Angeles. The Bengals drove towards midfield, but were stalled on fourth down, when Ernest Jones knocked down Joe Burrow’s pass to Ja’Marr Chase. A 3rd-and-4 was converted with a 20-yard completion from Stafford to Cooper Kupp and the Rams got into the red zone on the next play with a 4-yard Henderson rush.
- Stafford had career highs in touchdowns and completion percentage (67.2), although he led the league in interceptions .
- A historic lineup of hip-hop all-stars will be performing the halftime show.
- They should aim to continue to bolster Justin Herbert’s array of big-play threats with part of that money.
- Running back Darrell Henderson added 688 rushing yards until he suffered a season-ending injury in Week 16.
- The Rams responded with a drive that was even shorter, as they went three-and-out in 26 seconds and punted back to Cincinnati; Burrow then took a knee to end the half.
However, the Rams were the designated visiting team as the home team alternates between the two conferences annually. The Bengals used the home locker room of the Los Angeles Chargers, who share the stadium with the Rams. This was the Rams’ second Super Bowl in their home market, along with 1979’s Super Bowl XIV, which was played at mlb scores the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California. The number of complaints pales in comparison to past explosive Super Bowl halftime shows. In 2020, Jennifer Lopez and Shakira’s co-headlining medley prompted a staggering 1,300 complaints to the FCC. A year earlier, Maroon 5’s performance at the NFL championship game drew about 50 complaints.
Collinsworth worked his fifth Super Bowl as an analyst, and his fourth since replacing John Madden as lead analyst. Tafoya reported on her fifth Super Bowl, the last four with NBC after she replaced Andrea Kremer. This game was the last for Tafoya as it was announced she was also leaving her position following the game to pursue other interests outside of sports mlb standings broadcasting. With McVay at age 36 and Taylor at age 38, Super Bowl LVI featured the youngest pair of head coaches in Super Bowl history and was the first to have both under 40. They were the two youngest head coaches in the league during the 2021 season. The Los Angeles Rams finished the 2021 season with a 12–5 record under fifth-year head coach Sean McVay.