In Slovenia’s 103–97 win over Latvia in the quarterfinals, he scored 27 points and grabbed 9 rebounds. He recorded 11 points, 12 rebounds, and 8 assists, in the 92–72 semi-final win over Spain. He had 8 points and 7 rebounds, before falling out of the game, due to an injury, in the game’s third quarter.
For the first time since Dec. 11, the Chicago Bulls have lost a basketball game. After trailing by as many as 21 points in the third quarter, Dallas came alive in the final frame. Spencer Dinwiddie scored 10 of his 24 points in the fourth quarter and Dončić sank two clutch free throws with 7.9 seconds nfl scores today remaining to complete the comeback effort. She added her son would do house chores mostly on Saturdays when she threatened to take away things related to basketball, like going to practices or games. So far, he has been in two NBA All-Star games and has helped his team make it to two NBA Playoffs.
With that performance, he became just the second player in NBA history to record at least 43 points, 17 rebounds, and 13 assists in any game, joining Wilt Chamberlain as the other. He became the first player since Tim Duncan in the 1998–99 season to be selected to an All-NBA First Team in a first or second season. He finished fourth overall in the season’s final MVP results and became the second-youngest player ever to finish in the top five of MVP voting. On February 9, 2018, Dončić led his team with 27 points in a losing effort to Olympiacos, 80–79. He had another strong performance on February 17, versus Iberostar Tenerife in the 2018 Spanish King’s Cup, posting 17 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, and 4 steals.
- Also, it ended his 17-match winning streak from the senior national team debut back in 2017.
- On November 29, Dončić posted a season-high 15 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists against Bilbao.
- He turned just 22 years old on Feb. 28, 2021, and finished with the second-highest scoring average (24.2 ppg) by a player before his 21st birthday in league history (LeBron James, 25.0 ppg).
- The mother of the player is Slovenian and his father’s ethnicity is Serbian descent.
- Dončić was a Slovenian squad member for EuroBasket 2017, where his country won its first gold medal after going undefeated (9–0) in the tournament.
He finished third behind eventual winner Brandon Ingram and second place Bam Adebayo. On August 17, Dončić made his NBA Playoffs debut, where he scored 42 points in a 110–118 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers. On August nba news 23, he became the youngest player in NBA postseason history with a 40-point triple-double, scoring 43 points in a 135–133 overtime victory over the LA Clippers, while hitting the game-winning three-pointer.
In December 2014, he took part in a friendly tournament in Székesfehérvár, Hungary, averaging 35.3 points and 7.6 rebounds per game, while shooting 81 percent on two-pointers and 57 percent on three-pointers. DeMar DeRozan scored the Bulls’ first four points of the fourth quarter on a pull-up midrange jumper and a step-through layup around Reggie Bullock. Bulls fans know what such a start to the final frame would typically portend. The Bulls jumped in front by as many as 11 in the first half, and led with less than 90 seconds to play in the second quarter.
- In 12 EuroLeague games, he recorded 3.5 points, 2.3 rebounds, and 2 assists per game.
- Additionally, LeBron James was the center of controversy during this rumor.
- Luka Dončić was born in Ljubljana, Slovenia, to Mirjam Poterbin and Sasha Dončić.
- Furthermore, he played for the club’s U-12 selection team since he was excluded from the club’s U-14 team due to league rules.
He played against the Boston Celtics in an NBA preseason game on October 8, 2015, collecting 4 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 block. On October 16, at age 16, he debuted in the EuroLeague, scoring 2 points in a loss to Khimki. Dončić became the 21st player ever to debut in the EuroLeague before turning 17. On October cbs sports 18, he recorded 10 points and 4 rebounds in a 94–61 win over Gipuzkoa. On November 29, Dončić posted a season-high 15 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists against Bilbao. With the performance, he set a new ACB record for most points and highest Performance Index Rating in a game for players under age 17.
He was named EuroLeague Rising Star by a unanimous vote and also claimed the ACB Best Young Player Award. live soccer was born in Ljubljana, Slovenia, to Mirjam Poterbin and Sasha Dončić. His father played pro basketball in Slovenia while his godfather, Radoslav Nesterovic, played 12 seasons in the NBA and won a title with the San Antonio Spurs in 2005. Luka began playing basketball at age eight with the youth teams of Olimpija. He practiced often with Olimpija’s under-14 team, but due to league rules, could not play with the squad. When he was only 13, Dončić signed a five-year contract with Real Madrid.